While marketing you can’t just concentrate on achieving new customers. You’re probably not consistently selling additional products that your customers could use, but are never shown. Getting customers into the store is one element of increasing sales, while triggering impulsive sales is another.
Use a variety of community-wide and in-store promotions to boost grocery store sales and profits. Even if you get fewer shoppers on slow days or during seasonal downturns, you can still meet your sales goals. During busier times, those higher per-ticket averages directly boost your bottom line. The best approach must capitalize on the visitors who do enter your store – whether it’s twenty or two hundred. Routinely building higher per-ticket sales is a win-win. Here are some tips to boost your sales:
- Coupons: As far as product promotions are concerned, coupons are a great way to achieve the desired end result. Businesses can use coupons to build brand image, brand loyalty, reward customer loyalty and promote specific product lines. Consumers love anything that helps them to save money. A discount coupon makes the consumer feel in control of his spend and savings potential, which is a major esteem booster.
- Item locations: Frequently it is advisable to change items which are popular, it motivates shoppers. This is to make them pass by and notice other products, stimulating impulsive buying.
- Free Sampling: Customers like free sample giveaways because it makes them excited & gives them a feeling like they’re getting in on something exclusive and special. It is one of the common techniques used by most of the retailers.
- Group Products: Use end-of-aisle kiosks or sections of an aisle to group products that create a recipe or meal. For example, put shortcake, strawberries and whipped topping together to encourage customers to buy all three. Place spaghetti, sauce, dressing, croutons, cheese and Italian bread together to put the idea of a convenient meal into shoppers’ heads.
- Signage and Graphics: Promotional signage displaying special offers may be displayed in windows to entice customers into the store.
Hence such marketing techniques will definitely drive the sales of the retail store. Most of the big brands are already using such techniques for their sales.